The Nassau County Police Department Major Case Bureau arrested Scott D. Gilmor, 40, of Hicksville for a burglary that occurred in Hicksville on Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016 at 11:20 p.m.
According to Burglary Pattern detectives, an investigation conducted with the assistance of the Asset Forfeiture Intelligence Unit revealed the defendant, who lives on Cortland Avenue, was responsible for several commercial burglaries involving forcibly entering buildings by prying the front entry doors during overnight hours and removing items such as US currency, lottery tickets, and cigarettes.
On November 22, Burglary Pattern detectives observed and stopped the defendant operating a 2002 Chevy SUV on Beech Street in the vicinity of Island Road. During the vehicle stop specific tools the defendant used for the burglaries were observed in plain view in his vehicle. Gilmor was then placed into police custody without incident.
The investigation revealed Gilmor was responsible for commercial burglaries occurring at:
• Kailish Convenience Store, 161A Levittown Parkway, Hicksville, on Nov. 22
• Pete’s Convenience Store, 820 Carman Ave., Westbury, on Nov. 12
• Speedway Gas Station, 428 Newbridge Rd., Hicksville, on Nov. 11
• Panda Chinese Restaurant, 639 Jericho Tpke., Syosset, on Nov. 6
• Long Island Eats Deli, 2264 Wantagh Ave, Wantagh, on Oct. 30
• Asian Buffet Restaurant, 276 W. Old Country Rd., Hicksville, on Oct. 7
Gilmore was charged with six counts of third-degree burglary (a Class D felony)and was arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead on Wednesday, Nov. 23.