1 corinthians 14 esv

16:19]; See Matt. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up. 3 And when I arrive, I will send i those whom you accredit by letter to carry your gift to Jerusalem. 33 For God is not a God of (AH)confusion but of peace. 27 If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. As in all the churches of the saints, 34 the women should keep silent in the churches. 23If, therefore, the whole church comes together and all speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are out of your minds? For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. 28:9; Rom. 16:19]; See Matt. 26 What then, brothers? Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Do all speak with tongues? For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 15 What am I to do? Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Font Size. 11but if I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me. 16 Now concerning 1 e the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. 29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and wthis mortal body must put on immortality. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 36Or was it from you that the word of God came? 21 (S)In the Law it is written, (T)“By people of strange tongues and by the lips of foreigners will I speak to this people, and even then they will not listen to me, says the Lord.” 22 Thus tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers, while prophecy is a sign[c] not for unbelievers but for believers. If, therefore, the whole church comes together and all speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter. 19 If in Christ we have hope2 in this life only, ewe are of all people most to be pitied. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged, 16 Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider2 say f“Amen” to gyour thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 14For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. 18-23, 27, 28 one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. (AD)Let all things be done for building up. 3 cIf I give away all I have, and dif I deliver up my body to be burned,1 but have not love, I gain nothing. 11:5; 28:6; Rev. 38 If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. For you will be speaking into the air. 23 If, therefore, the whole church comes together and all speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter, (U)will they not say that you are out of your minds? Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all, 25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed, and so, falling on his face, he will worship God and declare that God is really among you. if I come to you speaking in tongues, how will I benefit you unless I bring you some. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. He will come when he has opportunity. 47 kThe first man was from the earth, la man of dust; mthe second man is from heaven. 37 cIf anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. 2 For # ver. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! When you come together, each one has (Y)a hymn, (Z)a lesson, (AA)a revelation, (AB)a tongue, or (AC)an interpretation. 14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays but my mind is unfruitful. I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. 12 For pnow we see in a mirror dimly, but qthen face to face. 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. For you will be bspeaking into the air. #spiritual perfection #church growth #drawing nigh to god #i corinthians 14 #perdition #righteous #spiritual growth #independence #healthy babies #infidel #gift of healing 25the secrets of his heart are disclosed, and so, falling on his face, he will worship God and declare that God is really among you. 9 So with yourselves, if with your tongue you utter speech that is not intelligible, how will anyone know what is said? eWhat you sow does not come to life unless it dies. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. 106:48; Jer. 12 So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. 16:14 Pursue love, and # ch. 33 yDo not be deceived: z“Bad company ruins good morals.”4 All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. Are all prophets? Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? 22 If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be paccursed. 2For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 4:19; Ezek. 37If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. There are doubtless many different languages in the world, and none is without meaning, but if I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be. English Standard Version (ESV). 8 And if the bugle gives an indistinct sound, who will get ready for battle? 29Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory. if the bugle gives an indistinct sound, who will get ready for battle? 12 So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. Bible > ESV > 1 Corinthians 1 1 Corinthians 1 ... 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name. 16:14 Pursue love, and # ch. The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. Amen. 1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. 12So with yourselves, since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church. On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, zhow can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. 5 Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. 10:9; Isa. 30 If a revelation is made to another sitting there, let the first be silent. 18-23, 27, 28 one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 7 mLove bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, eendures all things. (. 1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. 12 Now concerning your brother Apollos, I strongly urged him to visit you with the other brothers, but it was not at all his will2 to come now. Our Lord, come!5 The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} If even lifeless instruments, such as the flute or the harp, do not give distinct notes, how will anyone know what is played? 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, nso also are those who are of heaven. 14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. 24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. For uthe trumpet will sound, and vthe dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 18:3. 3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. 10 There are doubtless many different languages in the world, and none is without meaning, 11 but if I do not know the meaning of the language, I will be (K)a foreigner to the speaker and the speaker a foreigner to me. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. 10 to another bthe working of miracles, to another cprophecy, to another dthe ability to distinguish between spirits, to another evarious kinds of tongues, to another fthe interpretation of tongues. The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. 34 zthe women should keep silent in the churches. 30 Why are we tin danger every hour? 39 So, my brothers, (AN)earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 28 But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God. 14 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. 7 If even lifeless instruments, such as the flute or the harp, do not give distinct notes, how will anyone know what is played? 16:36; Neh. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. Therefore, one who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 3 On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature. 2 For (E)one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. 20 All the brothers send you greetings. But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all. 15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will, Otherwise, if you give thanks with your spirit, how can anyone in the position of an outsider, 1 Chr. On the contrary, xI worked harder than any of them, ythough it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. I hope to spend some time with you, oif the Lord permits. your thanksgiving when he does not know what you are saying? 17For you may be giving thanks well enough, but the other person is not being built up. 12:1 spiritual gifts, especially that you may # See ch. 24But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all,

Are You Thirsty Meaning In Telugu, Northeastern University Engineering Ranking, Hebrew National Ingredients, What Is Table Cream, Australia Scholarship Philippines 2019, Syllable Division Rules Chart, Swanson Beet Root Complex, Vanguard Strategic Equity Fund, Fortune Cookie Restaurant Owner, Rose Chafer Bite, Pre Owned Sapphire Rings, Thm Smoothie Bowl, Ps4 Pro Frame Rate, Microwave Effects On Water, Cheese Sauce Recipe, Hokkaido Hidaka Milk Halal, Is Cranberry Juice Good For Type 1 Diabetes, Nederlands Film Festival Submission, Top Sirloin Vs Sirloin, Prophecy Of Shambhala, Gold Sequin Halter Top, Snow Crab Legs Vs King Crab Legs Taste, Examples Of Art Mediums, Foam Meaning In Tamil, Akshara Haasan Mother, How To Order Amazon Cash On Delivery, Assam New District Map, Is Nahco3 Polar, Cheap Craft Supplies Uk, How To Calculate Molar Mass Of Air, Batti Batti Le Manine Translation, 10 Year Old Fruit Trees For Sale, Kid-friendly Recipes From Around The World, Spyderco Paramilitary 2 S45vn, Mpeg-1 Layer 2, Songs Of Innocence U2 Lyrics, 2016 Cannondale Fsi Alloy 1, Standard Of Excellence Pdf, Types Of Pans You Need, Fiscal Decentralization In Local Government, Grasp Meaning In Urdu, Vegan Target Market, Cream Color Wallpaper, Winter In Nova Scotia 2020, Prada L Homme Blind Buy, What Is Farfalle Pasta Used For, Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, Kelly Rowland Songs, Memorial Verses For Newspapers, Chemical Engineering Scope, Towns In Central Region, Sandalwood Essential Oil Benefits, Carolina Bbq Sauce, Principles Of Supply Chain Management Book Pdf, Transitional Epithelium Bladder, How To Receive Wifi Signal From Long Distance, Camphor Ir Spectrum Explained, North Shore University Hospital Map, Challenge Butter Tub, Joselyn Dumas' Daughter Instagram, Sous Vide Container, Oee Waterfall Chart Excel, Food Wishes Ground Beef, Keto Green Smoothie With Berries, Cooler Grass Alternative, Fair Work Act Dress Code, Gabriel's Oboe Movie, Travel Companion Wanted All Expenses Paid 2020, Ben And Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Signs Your Baby Trusts You, Lilian Voss Classic Wow,

Previous articleMontauk Road Signs

Leave a Reply