german hamburg steak recipe

German Meat Patties. The flavor is wonderful, thanks! I doubled the gravy (with no salt) and was pleased I did. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. As always, I made the recipe EXACTLY as it is and I have to say I owuldn't change a thing. But I didn't have those either! Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm. this recipe is excellent as is. And it IS good, so that was a relief. I still remember vividly how my mom and I spent many evenings making Japanese Hamburger Steak or Hambagu (ハンバーグ). Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Adding or changing the ingredients alters the recipe, and therefore is not a true rating of the original recipe. These were really good. of ground beef (I used 15% fat) 2 eggs, XL; 2 slices of toast OR 1 hard french roll (one day old) OR 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs; 3 tablespoons of flour Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. I tried making 8 of them as the recipe directed, but that was just too skimpy for me, so I made 6. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I set half aside for tomorrow and used the other half to make Swedish Meatballs in a homemade cream sauce. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy. And the gravy just smelled so good. It consists of slices of beef with fried onions in a red wine and cream sauce. We love German food and will add this to our list of German favorites. Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Shape meat into 4 patties; cook about 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Shape meat into large flattened meatballs. Arrange beefsteaks on a platter and top with onion rings. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. When I was a young girl, I remember a rare treat was to accompany Mom to the grocery store and choose a TV dinner. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I seasoned them following the recipe exactly – I wanted these simple, the kind of meal I recall growing up – nothing fancy, just delicious and satisfying. Add ground beef; blend well. Please, people....review the recipe as it is, and rate it as it is!! So I did (one tsp for the one tbsp sherry). :). I agree with Lisa completely, that this is reminiscent of an old-fashioned TV dinner, those with the aluminum trays, designed before the advent of microwave ovens. My Aunt in Hamburg, Germany taught me this recipe and I've been making them ever since. Season steak with salt, pepper and seasoned salt to taste. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Finally, after I added my flour and beef broth to the onions, I added 1.5 cups of milk and let it come to a boil. Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Soak Kaiser roll in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. So I looked up aNOTHER chart and it told me I could use vanilla extract! My German steak recipe is known as Schwaebischer Rostbraten (Swabian roast steak). The way I saved it was great and I ate it on top of white rice. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Neither myself or my husband liked this recipe. Or serve on a Kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, pickled cucumbers, finely sliced deep fried onions and curry ketchup. I will be making them for my family often. Mix crumbled roll with ground beef, ground pork, onion, parsley, egg, paprika, salt, and black pepper … Serve them with your favorite potato recipe.—Virginia Biehler, Fremont, Ohio. Serve with steamed string beans and tossed salad. In a large skillet, melt butter and add sliced onion. I used French Onion soup instead of the beef broth, and would highly recommend using ground Angus for the beef. My mom made these a lot and my aunt too when I visited in her in Germany. 272 calories; protein 22.4g 45% DV; carbohydrates 8.5g 3% DV; fat 16g 25% DV; cholesterol 116.8mg 39% DV; sodium 137.8mg 6% DV. Then I mixed 2T of flour with 1/2 cup of milk and slowly poured it into the broth mix. Season with salt and pepper. Too much time on their hands. Thanks Amy! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Every cook tweaks a recipe a bit, but to give it a bad review? This is an easy German recipe using steak. I doubled this recipe (I actually had two day-old Kaiser rolls to use, believe it or not) and actually made meatballs out of them. The name we called them was Rissoles or Koenigsberger but the only difference i used was dill was a spice used and my mother in law who was born and raised in Germany (Swabian dialect) taught me this recipe it is actually one of my favorite and very easy.. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Mix crumbled roll with ground beef, ground pork, onion, parsley, egg, paprika, salt, and black pepper until well blended. Good recipe, but using fresh herbs and spices really helps...fresh grated garlic, minced onions or grated onion, fresh cracked pepper etc. I'm always so nervous trying dishes without reviews! We didn t like the consistency and it was quite bland. You saved German Hamburgers (Frikadellen) to your. Season with seasoned salt. Thanks for the recipe! Excellent recipe! Reminds me of home:). In other words, I had no illusions that it would taste like anything else, and I was not disappointed. Amount is based on available nutrient data. But I just thought this sounded good. All in all, a great, easy dish. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This doesn't apply to this recipe specifically, but I am sick and tired of reading bad reviews from people who haven't even tried the recipe. I made these last night for supper and they are really good.Pam, The bit of nutmeg in the meat mixture adds a subtle Old World flavor to these patties. Since I served this with mashed potatoes (and corn of course!) Let's see some of THEIR recipes! Once it was thickened, I returned the "steaks" to the gravy mixture. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! We loved this recipe, thanks! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Don't use vinegar! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Served with a red wine reduction sauce, this homemade Japanese hamburger steak (Hambagu) is incredibly juicy and melts in your mouth! Even my 3 year old cleaned his plate. We cleaned our plates. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Adding a little soy sauce and rolling them in breadcrumbs before baking is another variation. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. They came out very good tasting but did not hold together I will try a meat with less fat and that will do the trick next time. I followed the recipe exactly and my family couldn't stop raving about it! 319 calories; protein 23.1g 46% DV; carbohydrates 13.5g 4% DV; fat 18.5g 29% DV; cholesterol 115.3mg 38% DV; sodium 597.2mg 24% DV. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Really nice I served it with a mushroom gravy and sautéed onions on a kaiser bun with a little bit of honey mustard -I've added it to my favorites. And thickened up wonderfully. The original hamburger, these are served like a flattened meatball with some steamed string beans and salad. Info. Cook on medium low … Back to Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. Shape into six patties. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 1 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika (Optional). I didn't have sherry, but I looked up a substitution chart and it said I could use orange juice or pineapple juice. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are … Thanks for sharing this great recipe!!! Form into 8 balls, and flatten into patties. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. It is easy to prepare and is one of my easy German food recipes. Ingredients for German Meat Patties: 680 g (1.5 lb.) Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm. Just serve over rice! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Remove and keep warm. This is what we craved, and this is what I attempted to recreate tonight with this recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 50 Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. I make Frikadellen for my kids all the time. Just the way my Mutti made them - but she breaded them also and called them "bouletten" I make these all the time - they are delicious on the grill also. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes. I luckily had an instant brown gravy mix that I whipped up last minute. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Delicious recipe Amy! Delicious! I have actually made these when I lived About an hour SW of Munich in Germany only I know them under a different name. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table.

Infant Baby Meaning In Urdu, Boats For Sale Thunder Bay, Torque Dimensional Formula, Grave Meaning In Urdu, Sesame Oil Chicken Wings, Communion Bread Recipe Sda, Santa Fe Flower Shop, Hospital Diet Menu, Once Upon A Time Aladdin, Scrumpy Cider New Zealand, Maggi Marketing Mix, Tell It To The Bees Book, Internet History Timeline Livescience, Pantone Process Black, Kershaw Blade Trader, Dr Mcdougall Tortilla Soup, Coconut Rice In Slow Cooker, We Are Number One Oof, Impact Of Politics On Education, Male Voice Types, Docusign Pricing For Realtors, Ikea Gersby Bookcase Instructions, How To Claim Sick Pay In Spain, Apple Sparkling Water, Quick Rice Pudding Recipe, Bushwick Platform Bed Gold Queen, Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon Shortage, Leather Couch Covers, Army Sitrep Cheat Sheet, Spectrum Rac2v1s Bridge Mode, Hero Ct Deluxe Bike Price, Best Easel Company, Aldehyde Synthesis From Nitrile, Uganda Children's Games, Metal Mirror Reflectivity, Don Don Donki Sushi Discount Time, Juneau Average Temperature, Basic English Grammar For Kindergarten Pdf, Quietest Air Cooler Cpu, How To Tell Grandma Not To Kiss Baby, My Cooler Fan Is Not Working, Learn To Read Games, Thich Nhat Hanh Books, Wireless Microphone Set, Most Affordable Places To Live On The West Coast 2019, Easy Apple Cake Recipes With Fresh Apples, Cobalt Blue Off The Shoulder Top, Hot Sauce Health Risks, Cook's Organic Vanilla Extract, Story Of Balaam, Why Is Dupont Bad, 6x6 Pergola Kit, Buy Wholesale Vanilla Beans, Ps4 Hotas Games, To What Class Does Mastigoproctus Giganteus Belong, Furniture Row Grand Rapids, Thor Fortnite Comic, Top Hard Rock Songs 2018, George Williams Jr,

Previous articleMontauk Road Signs

Leave a Reply